PPPTA was founded in the Fall of 2015 by a group of concerned families and educators. This group hopes to accomplish a lot, this school year, through active involvement and outreach, increased awareness of current issues regarding our children’s education, and improving practices that will encourage a healthier learning culture. Panther Pride PTA serves as a pillar in the community and is comprised of strong advocates who promote high-quality education and the well-being of every child. Our efforts have and will continue to build long-term, trusted and valuable relationships with our diverse audience. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible; so we work, in partnership, with various individuals and associations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals. We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer.
To bridge the gap between schools, families, and the surrounding community in order to empower a healthy learning culture.
To serve as a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child as well as a relevant resource for families and communities.
- PTA Core Values
- Commitment | Openness | Unity-Focused Delivery | Pride
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children's health, well-being, and educational success through strong school, family, and community involvement. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Openness: We aim to always be open, honest and direct in order to build trust and uniformly develop solutions.
- Unity: Create fanatical advocates for the enrichment of our children’s education and the unification of families, schools and the surrounding community.
- Pride: We are ecstatic about the progress we’ve made and the support we’ve gained. Panther Pride means being the change needed for Suitland Elementary and the families it serves. We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer in hopes to promote valuable ideas we all can be proud of.
- PTA Goals 2016-2017
- People Growth | Relationships | Unity Focused Delivery
- Build public perception of Panther Pride PTA as a leader in advocacy for children.
- We will enhance the internal and external awareness of the association to build membership and donor support.
- Retain and increase our membership to 50 during the 2016-2017 school year; We will diversify our membership and engage & serve communities; Target outreach to under served urban and rural communities, as well as non-English speaking communities; We will recruit, train and support effective leaders.
- Work to establish an electronic process for membership, a PTA member management system and a formal communication system by Jan 2017; Inherently, improving the dissemination of information and resources.
- Increase non-dues revenue by generating opportunities through licensing, royalty fees, web, print, and mobile advertising.
- Provide comprehensive learning and growth opportunities through June 2017.
- Provide incentives to bolster participation in programs and initiatives beginning June 2016.
- Partner with community leaders and SES families and staff to promote our core values.
- Measure and assess member and general public perceptions of Panther Pride PTA and our objectives.